Thursday, October 6, 2011

Atlanta Vegan Drinks menu revealed & Exciting news-Vegan MoFo Day 6

I am really excited and honored because today my blog received a special Vegetarian Website Award for excellence in vegetarian information from Veg Online-the total vegetarian resource. Thank you everyone for all your support and for reading my blog.

Several months ago my friend Brett started a great monthly vegan event "Atlanta Vegan Drinks" that I have been happily attending. I helped with organizing the next Atlanta Vegan Drinks that will be held at Nancy G's Cafe. Their chef is a vegetarian :-) He was so kind and created a special vegan menu just for that evening. The menu is perfect for the fall. It sounds so delicious, I am drooling over my keyboard right now :-)

Here is the special menu:


*Butternut squash soup topped with toasted pumpkin seeds

*Spinach salad with red onions, mandarin oranges, pecans and balsamic reduction

*Fried green tomatoes with "goat cheese," remoulade sauce, candied pecans and micro greens

*Gumbo with tofu and fresh okra thickened with white bean puree and served with brown rice

*Fall-spiced pumpkin creme brulee


I cannot wait to get my hands on the fried green tomatoes, dive into the butternut squash soup, fill my belly with vegan gumbo and finish everything with the pumpkin creme brulee. Is it October 23rd yet?

This Atlanta Vegan Drinks event will be even more special to me, because I will celebrate my birthday that evening (even though my actual birthday is the next day).
And a wonderful bonus-some proceeds from the profits that evening will go towards a great charity-Ahimsa House which is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping the human and animal victims of domestic violence across Georgia reach safety together.
So this month's event will be fun for a good cause. I hope to see all my Atlanta (and Georgia) vegan friends there. If you live near by Atlanta or are visiting Atlanta that weekend, please, join us. You can even bring your dog with you, because they have a special doggie friendly patio.
The event will be on Sunday, October 23rd from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. See you there!
If you are on Facebook, check out Atlanta Vegan Drinks event page.

5 comments:

  1. I'll be there and I'm bringing a friend - so excited! The menu sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Heather! I am looking forward to see you there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely menu! Looking forward to it. Thanks for all your work organizing this one! It seems like Brett is doing less of that these days, but I'm still glad he's there as the social-media honcho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the write-up, Elisabeth! And for the record, Adrienne, I met with the restaurant in person to work out some of the details, but the help is definitely appreciated. See you all soon!

    ReplyDelete