Monday, March 14, 2011

Lemony Asparagus Risotto


I have been trying to create a creamy risotto recipe. However, the basic white rice and basmati rice that I used didn't worked well in my trial risotto recipes. The rice always turned out either too mushy, or too hard and it was missing creaminess.
I went grocery shopping yesterday and I decided to splurge on white Italian Arborio rice. I usually pay about $2-$4 for 2 pounds of rice, but this one was almost $6 for 2 pounds. I looked at other brands and noticed that some were even more than $7, that is crazy!
I made this "Lemony Asparagus Risotto" for dinner tonight. I was very pleased with the results. The Arborio rice was the key! The rice absorbed all the flavors from the broth, wine and lemons and created a creamy sauce without being mushy or too hard. The texture was amazing and the flavor was outstanding! The delicate asparagus, the tangy lemons and the creamy rice blended perfectly with the wine and broth and created a mouthwatering dish.
I still have to work on a few finishing touches before I will have this recipe completed for my upcoming cookbook.
Have you tried the Arborio rice? What are your thoughts?


1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! I hardly ever buy arborio because of it's high price. It's a shame because I could eat risotto all day long, mhmmm. :)

    ReplyDelete