Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chocolate pies and Tempeh Sloppy Joes



I made two chocolate tofu pies at 2 a.m. last night. One was for a company meeting that I went to this evening. It was my "famous" Chocolate Raspberry Tofu Pie. I didn't garnish it with raspberries because I didn't have any fresh raspberries, just frozen and it would not look very pretty as a garnish. The other pie was the same recipe, but instead of raspberries I used 1/3 bottle of organic orange flavoring (made with real orange oil), little bit of orange juice and added more powdered sugar. Everyone loved the chocolate raspberry tofu pie at the meeting. One coworker was skeptical at first, but then she complimented on the great taste. She said "I didn't know that vegans can eat chocolate?" I replied that we can eat chocolate if it does not have milk in it. She was shocked to find out that there is chocolate without milk........The area manager wanted to take the leftovers home, but there was not much left...On the other hand most of the non-vegan cupcakes that someone else brought were still there when I left....
The other chocolate tofu pie was for me to keep at home. It is delicious, it tastes like chocolate covered oranges. The orange flavor is strong, but it is in a perfect balance with the chocolate. I came home around 10 p.m. and I didn't want to cook anything time consuming, therefore I decided on quick and easy Sloppy Joes made with crumbled tempeh.

2 comments: