Thursday, October 28, 2010

Veggie Hot Dog Mummies



Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I didn't celebrate Halloween in Czech Republic when I was growing up since Halloween isn't a Czech holiday. I missed out on trick-or-treating and other cool traditions as a child.
I celebrated my very first Halloween in USA in 2005. I was blown away by all the scary decorations, costumes, creepy food, pumpkin carvings and spooky Jack-O'-Lanterns. I have always enjoyed horror movies and scary books, so I loved the the idea of scary movies marathon on TV for the whole month of October. Even though I don't dress up for Halloween, I like to make Halloween themed food, pumpkin pies, pumpkin bread and pumpkin pudding.
Last year, I made Veggie Hot Dog Mummies (a vegan Halloween version of Pigs in a Blanket), and vegan Halloween cupcakes. The Mummies were so easy and they tasted pretty good warm, and then cold the next day. The cupcakes were devilicious! I am not sure what I will create this Halloween yet.

1 comment: